Saturday, October 13, 2007

So it begins...

Oh good god, I'm starting a blog...

The question is "will I keep posting once I start?" My Xanga (hey, remember Xanga?) only had four entries and those were spaced about four months apart. I'll try and do better this time.

Just in case some of you aren't aware at this point, I'm now living in Orange County, California. To those who didn't know and to those who did, but didn't get a good-bye before I left, I apologize. All at once things started moving very fast. One day I was still talking about "when I eventually move to California" and literally the next day it became, "Ok, I'm leaving in 6 days." To anyone I didn't see before I left, I will make time to see each one of you when I fly back for the Christmas holiday.

As an update to my California adventure, I can say that, thus far, things are good. I'm living in a nice area that feels much more like one of the Northwest suburbs than SoCal. Still on the job hunt, but I'm certain something will come my way soon. There's plenty to keep me busy besides job hunting as well.

I'm knee deep in pre-production on Kyle Higgins' (movie-guy Kyle to some of you) thesis film and I'm telling you now that it's going to kick some major ass. It's about a superhero labor union (The League) in 1960s Chicago. We wrote it together and earlier today we finished the 10th draft. That may sound like a lot, but I can assure you that the script has only gotten stronger with each successive draft. On top of that, we're building some awesome sets and we have a kick-ass location lined up. For you action junkies, there will be plenty of visual effects and some pretty cool wire work as well. I can't wait for this to get made for everyone to see. Check out www.theleaguefilm.com. Not much there now, but we'll be updating as we progress.

I guess that's all for now. I'll be back here soon.

AFS

No comments: